MediShield Life helps you pay for large hospital bills and selected costly outpatient treatments. Find out what it covers and how it can benefit you.
- You can use your MediSave to pay for MediShield Life premiums.
- You will not lose your MediShield Life coverage even if you cannot afford the premiums.
What is MediShield Life?
MediShield Life is a basic health insurance plan that helps you to pay for large hospital bills and selected costly outpatient treatments like chemotherapy and kidney dialysis. It covers all SIngapore Citizens and Permanent Residents for life, regardless of age or health condition.
MediShield Life is designed to cover subsidised treatment in B2/C ward types of public hospitals. If you incur bills in A, B1 or B2+ ward types in public hospitals or in private hospitals, you will still be able to claim from MediShield Life, but the claim will be adjusted to the equivalent B2/C bills and then subject to MediShield Life claim limits. You will need to draw from MediSave or cash to pay the balance.
- Protects against large hospital and medical bills.
- Life-long, universal coverage. There is no maximum coverage age.
- Pre-existing conditions are also covered.
- Premiums may be fully paid from MediSave.
- Premum subsidies for lower to middle-income citizens and the Pioneer Generation.
- Additional Premium Support for those who cannot afford their premiums even after subsidies and have limited family support.
Not sure how much premium you have to pay? Work it out on the MediShield Premium Calculator.
Learn more: Easy Guide to MediShield Life