- About Us
Who we are
MoneySense is Singapore’s national financial education programme, started in 2003. Our aim is to help Singaporeans to manage their money well, and make sound financial decisions on their own.
What we do
We try to make money matters simple and intuitive for all Singaporeans. Our programmes and resources are:
- Practical – There is something to help everyone – whether it is with everyday financial decisions or longer term planning.
- Unbiased – We give objective information so that everyone can decide for themselves what works and what doesn’t.
- Relevant – We break things down on the latest developments relating to personal finance so that you can act promptly.
In practical terms, we want to help Singaporeans:
- Have the skills and knowledge to weigh their options in financial matters
- Know their rights and responsibilities in financial decisions
- Make informed decisions when it comes to personal finances
- Plan well for their future
See also: MoneySense Framework
Beyond resources published on the MoneySense website and social media, our Institute for Financial Literacy runs talks and workshops at the workplace and also for the public. These cover a wide range of money management and personal finance topics, to help participants understand their own financial needs, and decide which financial products are right for them. Our programmes are always free and unbiased. We also work with schools on financial education activities and workshops for their students.
Our volunteers and partners play a valuable role in making our programmes a success. We work with a variety of partners from:
- Institutes of Higher Learning
- Community organisations
- Consumer and investor organisations
- Financial industry associations
- …and more
Interested in partnering with us? Get in touch!
MoneySense programmes are overseen by the MoneySense Council.